Dell Laptop Service Center in Choolaimedu
How to Turn Off Hot Keys on a Dell Laptop
Dell laptops feature a row of hot keys, which are configured to quick-launch an Internet browser, frequently used programs or control speaker from the press of a button. While these hot keys are convenient, many Dell owners find them annoying; the slightest bump to a hot key can accidentally launch a program at the wrong time. If you rarely use hot keys or you find them troublesome, you can turn them off. Disabling Dell hot keys is not permanent; if you want to use hot keys in the future, you can reconfigure your computer to restore the feature.
- Right-click on the desktop and select “Properties” from the shortcut menu to open the “Display Properties” dialog box.
- Press the “Settings” tab in the “Display Properties” dialog box and click the “Advanced” button.
- Select the “Intel Graphics Technology” tab to open the Dell configuration page.
- Click “Hot Keys” and check the “Enable Hot Keys” check box to disable the hot-key feature and click the “OK” button.
How to Remove the Hard Drive of a Dell Laptop
Hard drives are one of the most important parts of a computer system. Your Dell laptop's hard drive contains all the files, folders and operating system that makes your computer run. It is sometimes necessary to remove your Dell laptop hard drive when replacing or updating your drive with a new one.
- Shut down your laptop and remove all cables. Turn the laptop upside down, keeping the front of the computer facing toward you.
- Locate the hard drive. It is likely located on the right side of the upside-down laptop close to the LCD clasping end. Remove the one retaining screw holding the drive in.
- Slowly pull out the drive using your thumb and fingers to grasp the grooved lines on the hard drive bracket cover.
- Handle the drive carefully. If possible, place the hard drive in a static-free bag when storing or sending in for repair.
- To reinstall a hard drive in your Dell, simple reverse the above steps. If upgrading to another drive, you will have to remove the drive bracket from your old drive and install it on the new drive.
If you have any query to know about Dell Laptop Service @ Dell Service Center in Purasawalkam.